The abusive city policeman

City legal officer Doni Piquero said there was nothing new in the argument of OIC governor Victor de la Serna in Friday’s hearing of the motion for the issuance of TRO in the sala of RTC Judge Patsita Gamutan.
It was nothing but a rehash of the issues previously raised by De la Serna, Piquero said when I asked him last Friday afternoon.
I could sense the disappointment of the city legal officer.


* * *

If so, then I missed nothing in that hearing.
I would have wanted to attend the hearing but I could not. I had to leave Friday for Manila for the Bar Ops.
After getting that personal invite from Victor de la Serna to attend the hearing last Friday, my mind was all set to attend and hear him argue on his points.
Of course, I really thought that aside from the points that he had been hammering for a long time now, he would raise new issues worth listening.
Maayo ra diay wa ko attend.

* * *

Personally, I really believe that his motion is headed for a denial.
I don’t think that he has raised sufficient legal and factual grounds to merit the grant of a temporary restraining order.
Among others, there is nothing to restrain anymore because the City Square is already actively doing business.
I don’t know about the 2nd floor but the 1st floor is now fully occupied.
In fact, many are happy that Andok’s is doing an all-day, all-night business. Anybody who wants his stomach filled anytime of the day or night can just go to the City Square.
But more than that, I’m sure many are very happy that they can stroll, dine, wine or simply enjoy the place at nighttime until the wee hours of the morning. The place is well-lighted and always teeming with people.

* * *

Well, the case is now submitted for decision.
The ball is now in the hands of Judge Patsi Gamutan.
Anyway, when I asked Doni about his personal feel of the case, he firmly said he expects a denial.

* * *

Never before did I encounter a policeman who is married and is so daring in his sexual exploits with other women.
Not until I came across the case of city policeman Mario Torrejos.
I personally saw him many times with different women at different times and at different places. But I kept my mouth shut because that is his personal business and something “domestic” between him and his wife and kids.
But after witnessing a violent incident last Wednesday night involving policeman Mario Torrejos of the city PNP, I really feel that there is no more reason to zip my mouth shut about the shenanigan of this sanamagan policeman.

* * *

I won’t go into details but suffice it to say that this arrogant and abusive policeman does not care a whit if the public will see or hear his violent streak.
He was angrily shouting and uttering unprintable expletives even when there were so many students and teachers in hearing distance.
He was also quick with his hands in inflicting physical pain. Mind you, not one slap but many slaps for that matter.
And again, while many people were watching.
And when he left in a huff, he almost bumped a top official of the school with his motorcycle. Thereafter, he did not say or do anything; not a word, he just went away as if nothing ever happened. The arrogance of Mario Torrejos was plastered all over his face and body.
Can you imagine a more violent city policeman than Mario Torrejos?
Obviously, he did not care about the feelings of the students, or the teachers, not even the school officials, when he was busy inflicting physical violence.
* * *
The wife is not yet convinced about filing a case of Violence Against Women and Children against this abusive policeman.
Her reasoning is simple, she is not doing anything yet because of their kids.
For a married person, this is not difficult to understand.

* * *

But Mario Torrejos may not rest easy.
Many people were scandalized by what he did or said in public.
And many people are also wondering how many policemen in the city are in the likes of this abusive policeman.
This is no ordinary case because the violator is a policeman. Which means, he is armed with an instrument of death. He could shoot and kill anytime.
Under ordinary circumstances, Mario Torrejos would not last long in that environment. He would be mobbed and hopefully, not skinned alive.
But because he was armed, nobody came to the succor of the hapless wife.

* * *

I am very grateful that PD Edgardo Ingking took immediate action when I sought help.
I am also very grateful that City Mayor Dan Neri Lim woke up without reluctance and called the city police. Yes, he was already sleeping when I disturbed him so he would take action against an abusive member of the city police.
When Mayor Dan Lim called me up later, he told me Mario Torrejos is notoriously known as a womanizer. And that the city police had already taken action against Torrejos.
Well, if the city police has the likes of Mario Torrejos, who flaunts not only his womanizing ways but also his readiness to inflict physical violence, then city police chief Cesar Gornez need not have to look so far for criminals.
He has one potential criminal in his hands.
PD Ingking told me he would just wait for a copy of the complaint against Torrejos and he would act accordingly. That may not be long.
Let us see how these things will develop.
More when we return, stay tuned for more!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home